- This event has passed.
This informal workshop session is ideal for people who have a handmade product, or an idea for one, and are considering starting to sell online.
This session will look at:
- The different platforms available – and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Postage and packing
- The legalities of selling online
- Writing product descriptions.
It’s a brief overview of everything, but will give you plenty of information and signpost you to more in-depth sources of information.
- 10:00am – 11:30am – Session takes place
- 11:30am – 12noon – Opportunity to network and mingle
About the Practitioner: Becka Griffin at Make and Flourish is a professionally-trained graphic artist who has been selling illustrations since 2009. Based in Liverpool City Centre, Becka is an experienced UK Etsy seller with over 28,000 sales and she is Captain of the Merseyside Etsy Team.
About the programme:
This session is part of a programme of workshops designed by Make CIC to provide tailored support to artists, makers and creatives living in the Liverpool City Region. Each workshop is delivered in person by local expert practitioners who are able to share knowledge and valuable insight on each chosen topic.
This session is open to individuals living in the Liverpool City Region (Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, St Helens, or Halton) only.
In order to access this support for free, all attendees are required to complete a registration pack prior to the workshop. It’s really straightforward and Make CIC’s Enterprise Manager, Alison James (AJ), will be in contact with you prior to the session to complete the process.
About Make CIC:
Make CIC is a purpose-driven social enterprise with several vibrant spaces across the Liverpool City Region. We unite and enrich communities through creativity, art and culture. Whether you want to take part in a class, become a resident or commission us for a project – Make is where people turn their passions into prosperity. In April 2023, we’ll throw open the doors to Make Huyton Village, a 7,000 sq/ft maker space on Derby Road in the heart of the Highstreet. These Creative Enterprise Workshops are taking place at Make on the corner, our new multi-purpose event space which is situated opposite our new maker space!
Where is the venue – Make on the Corner?
Make on the corner is situated at 22 Derby Road which is on the pedestrianised High Street in Huyton Village. The space was formally Albemarle & Bond Pawnbrokers.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- By Bike: There is secure bike storage at the venue.
- By Train: The nearest train station to the venue is Huyton train station. The station is a 6 minute walk from the venue – You can view directions via google maps here.
- By Bus: Huyton Bus station is situated a 3 minute walk from the venue. You can view directions via google maps here.
- By Car: There is free car parking for up to 3 hours situated in Archway Road car park Address: Archway Road car park, Civic Way, Huyton, Merseyside L36 9GD. Archway Road Car Park is a 4 minute walk to the venue – you can view directions via google maps here. You can find out more about parking in the area here.
What does the registration entail?
This workshop is fully funded and attendees will need to complete a registration pack before the event takes place. Make CIC’s Enterprise Manager, Alison James (AJ), will be in contact with you once you have signed up via Eventbrite to complete the registration pack.
Will refreshments be available?
Tea, coffee , water and snacks will be provided at the session.
Is the venue accessible?
The venue is accessible and is situated on the ground floor however there is no accessible toilet on site.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please feel free to get in touch with AJ, Make CIC’s Enterprise Manager on 07463730484 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
A register will be taken at this session, it isn’t necessary to print your ticket.
What is the cancellation policy?
Given that this event is free to attend we do ask that those who sign up, but who cannot make it, let us know ASAP so we can reallocate the ticket.