It’s been a busy year here at Make CIC, especially when it comes to business and enterprise support. Through Enterprise Hub Skills, we’ve been able to support a variety of makers, creatives, and businesses both in our network of residents and beyond!
Enterprise Hub Skills is a business support programme open to anyone living in the Liverpool City Region and is funded by the European Social Fund. Back in 2020, Make CIC became a delivery partner on the programme and since then, we’ve supported 96 Artists, Makers and Creatives with their businesses. We’ve done this by providing support with Training, Grant Funding, Paid work including collaborations and commissions, access to networking events, and much more.
Over the course of 2022, Enterprise Hub Skills at Make saw some major changes. This included welcoming Make’s new Enterprise Manager, AJ, who joined us in May 2022, in order to lead on all things business support and enterprise. Another main addition to the year was the introduction of our Creative Enterprise Workshops programme which we ran in partnership with Baltic Creative CIC. This was a pilot programme and it was such a success that we will be running it again in the new year at our new space in Huyton – so watch this space!
In 2022, we have provided the following support as part of Enterprise Hub Skills:
- Provided 255 hours worth of support to individuals on the programme
- Supported 96 individuals in total with dedicated advice and guidance for their creative business or practice
- Improved the economic status of 8 individuals who identify as Female
- Supported 48 people through 7 Creative Enterprise Workshops which we ran in partnership with Baltic Creative CIC.
- Worked with 7 fantastic local organisations who delivered the Creative Enterprise Workshops.
- From June 2022, we circulated 6 monthly newsletters which in total included:
- 30 Training and Event opportunities
- 20 Grants and funding opportunities
- 23 other opportunities such as paid work, commissions and residencies
- 12 sources of inspirational content for creatives.
In 2022, Enterprise Hub Skills at Make has supported 39 residents across our two sites at Hamilton Square and North Docks.
Aurélie Vanbergen, A resident at Make North Docks said,
“The support I’ve received from Make CIC through Enterprise Hub Skills has been really valuable. It has enabled me to diversify my businesses and as a result I have moved into a larger workshop space and I’ve grown my business. I’ve even had the opportunity to deliver one of their Creative Enterprise Workshops which really enjoyed being a part of”
Speaking about the Creative Enterprise Workshops, Andrew Banks who is a resident at Make Hamilton Square said,
“I’ve attended all of the Creative Enterprise workshops and every one has been really beneficial to me. I’ve recently been starting a new art business and the support received via these workshops has really helped me to solidify my goals and has improved my knowledge in a variety of areas applicable to setting up and running a creative business. I’m really looking forward to the next set of workshops taking place in January!”
If you are an artist, maker, or creative and you’re looking for support with your business or practice, Please get in touch! AJ will be able to sign you up to the programme, and can talk to you about the support that is available to you in the Liverpool City Region. You’ll also get exclusive access to Make’s Enterprise Hub Skills newsletter, which features loads of opportunities for makers and creatives. – firstname.lastname@example.org