OFFICE MANAGER & EXECUTIVE PA
Job Purpose and Summary
Make CIC’s vision is to see people to turn passion into prosperity.
The organisation’s mission is to provide services; support people; facilitate resources and networks in order that people can live happy, healthy and prosperous lives.
This is done by providing affordable, community-focused creative work environments; nurturing people’s curiosity to learn skills; facilitating access to opportunities and resources; bringing people together by building networks and hosting events; as well as transforming the environments around us and ultimately people’s lives.
The duel role of the Office Manager and Executive PA is to enable the organisation to realise its vision, and deliver its mission, by supporting the team through effective office management as well as support the two executive directors with personal assistance in their roles.
|Office Manager & Executive PA|
|£19,000 – £22,000 (p.a.) depending on suitability|
12 months fixed term (37.5 hours per week), with a view to be permanent thereafter.
Duties will be split between (1) Vauxhall, Liverpool (2) Baltic Triangle, Liverpool (3) Birkenhead, Wirral
Chief Operations Officer.
30 days holiday. Some flexibility around working hours and locations.
Monday – Sunday constitute ordinary working days, time worked in lieu, weekend working would be common.
Key Responsibilities as the Office Manager:
- Organising meetings, including preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Managing databases on residents and members
- Manage physical and electronic records, files and papers
- Booking transport and accommodation
- Ordering stationery, furniture and other office supplies
- Managing the general email inbox
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports
- Responsible for office based tech, laptops, WiFi, etc
- Management of the office budget
- Designing, implementing and maintaining procedures and office administrative systems
- Organising and conducting induction programmes
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date
- Managing timelines and key calendar dates, such as fire alarm checks
- Assisting the organisation’s HR function, scheduling and rota
- Act as on-site first aider
- Open and/or close the building and/or office
- Keep a record of office spending, including petty cash
- Support in the raising of invoices, credit notes, cheque requests and purchase were appropriate.
- Support COO and Operations Manager with some credit control responsibilities
- Ensure that the appearance of the office and meeting spaces are tidy and well organised
- Collect, open and deal with mail and routine correspondence.
- Draft, produce and sign correspondence when necessary, including processing routine requests e.g. pay claims, trips documentation, capital expenditure requests etc
- Organising staff training sessions and activities
- Manage the company diary for regulatory and statutory dates and actions
Key Responsibilities as the Executive PA:
- Secretarial service such as organising meetings, minute-taking
- Diary management
- First point of contact for enquiries
- Assist with the preparation, drafting and production of documentation
- Assist with the preparation of presentations
- Be responsible for ensuring that agendas and papers are prepared sufficiently in advance for meetings and that minutes taken are accurate
- Responsible for the dissemination and summarising of information either in advance or after the meetings
- Manage the completion of actions directly with those to whom they have been assigned following meetings
- Manage the completion of actions of the executive directors following meetings
- Management of deadlines and other time-bound commitments
How to apply and other information
Please follow the instructions carefully… send two separate documents by email, in .PDF format:
- your current CV
- a separate cover letter detailing your interest in working at Make CIC and suitability for this role
- please include in the subject line “Office Manager:” and then your first and surname.
- e.g….. Office Manager: Jane Doe
- Immediate start
- Candidates must at least be able to start before the 4th January 2021
- November 13th 2020 – midnight