Call for Artists
Mural at Make North Docks
Make is excited to commission a local artist to brighten up the colourless courtyard walls and workshop roller shutter at Make North Docks.
Our North Docks building is a multidisciplinary hub which includes a maker space, studios, event space and café. The work must capture the energy of Make’s community and the variety of creativity that happens at the building – expressed through the approach of the chosen artist.
At the end of this process there will be a fun mural that helps people recognise that they are at Make North Docks and gives a glimpse of the type of creativity that’s happening inside.
The mural needs to be completed in July or sooner.
You must include an indicative timeline in your proposal.
The artist fee is between £2,000.00 and £2,250 and includes all pre and post work.
An additional budget is available for materials and disbursements in order to undertake the work. All of this needs to be agreed in principle before work commences.
Please submit a short proposal as an attachment to an email.
- Proposals should answer the three evaluation criteria directly
- Proposals should not exceed 500 words
- Images, links, timelines, examples, etc, can all be additional to the word limit
- Fitting everything on one or two pages is desired – but won’t be counted for/against
Published, deadline and submission
- Proposals are required by 23:59, 13th June
- Work would begin as soon as possible (indicate in your timeline)
- We are looking for artists that are from, living or connected to the Liverpool City Region. It’s not a part of our scoring method but a local artist would be chosen first.
How to submit
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: RFQ North Docks Mural
RFQ Evaluation Criteria
The response will be assessed and scored on the following criteria:
Delivers the brief (50%)
Communicate a simple plan, artist direction, examples, and outlines the method.
Include a way for us to see your portfolio of work.
Delivery Timescale (25%)
Can meet the deadline or be completed sooner.
Has communicated a simple timeline and made clear where input/meetings would likely be required from Make CIC.
Value for money (25%)
Value for money is not necessarily the cheapest quote, but how much quality or quantity is delivered for the budget.
Proposal has indicated the costs of any additional disbursements that need to be budgeted for.
Include a figure for your fee and for the overall budget.
|Proposal meets, and in some places exceeds, expectation
|Proposal meets expectation
|Proposal meets the required standard in most respects
|Proposal falls short of expected standard
|Completely or significantly fails to meet required standard