Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: 18 / 06 / 2020 – 17:08
This post is dedicated to keeping members of the Make CIC community updated by answering frequently asked questions. Please always refer to government guidance above all else, and err on the side of caution if you’re still unsure. We want everyone to know we are taking the current outbreak of COVID-19 very seriously. We will always try to do our best in the circumstances for our community and staff.
- Q: Are the buildings open?
- Q: How are the buildings going to operate?
- Q: I’m self-employed, where can I get help?
- Q: Which grant can I apply for?
Q1: are the buildings open?
Yes – however, we strongly advise that you follow government advice.
- Observe the critical guidance from the government on social distancing.
- Follow the government advice on hygiene – critically, you must wash your hands thoroughly and often.
Q2: How are the buildings going to operate?
Make CIC is operating on a reduced capacity and will only be able to look after the critical elements of the building during this time. It is absolutely essential that use of the buildings follow government guidance. At this time, it is also essential that security and safety are the top priority of those who must continue to use the buildings.
- Keep the building locked – no members of the public can access during this time.
- At Make North Docks –
- the front door and gates must be locked behind you.
- the car park is not in use, although you may still use the roller-shutter.
- At Make Hamilton –
- the front door must not be held open.
- the gates must be locked behind you.
- At Make North Docks –
- The office will be closed – but you can contact us by telephone 0151 601 8665
We are currently reviewing the above and expect that changed will be made from the 6th of July.
Q3: I’m self-employed, where can I get help?
The government have launched a scheme to help fund the self-employed through this period. More information can be obtained online at the link below. If you need support for this scheme, then please contact us for help.
Q4: Which grants can I apply for?
Everyone who has not been eligible for grants linked to business rates should consider applying for the discretionary funds supplied by Liverpool City Councils and Wirral Council.
Please contact Make CIC office if you need support with your application
For any other questions regarding the discretionary grant, get in touch with email@example.com
- Support for Artists
- Support for self-employed people below 30
- The Women’s Organisation Mentoring
- Skill sharing Platform – mah studios
- One-off £250 grant for hospitality workers
- Brabners legal advise
- Crafts Council Support
- Crafts Council Virtual Exhibitions
- Creatives Industries Support
- National Lottery Emergency Funding
- HMRC support line – 0300 456 3565
- Adding Value Complimentary advice – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACE Support for Individuals
- ACE Support for Organisations
- ACE Grantium Guidance
- ACE grants of up to £2.5k for artists, creative practitioners and freelancers
- Benevolent Funds supporting creative practitioners
- The Princes Trust and NatWest Enterprise Relief Fund
- Gov UK Guidance for CICs
- Small Business Grant – Liverpool City Region
- Fast turnaround CPDL bursaries from Curious Minds
- Wirral Chamber of Commerce Business Helpline & Information pack
- Find Financial Support for your Business GOV UK
- Liverpool City Region Music Industry Support Fund
- Liverpool City Region Film & TV Production Fund
- Discretionary Grants Fund – support for businesses and employers